Friday, April 06, 2007


The calico with her ginger kitten.

I saw the cat uncle again today, on my way to buy lunch. I told him I had fed the cats this morning. He said there is cat food promotion at NTUC, and he will try to feed them too, as he thinks they should have more than one meal a day. I just kept quiet.

Then he asked me about the neutering, if I know how to get the vouchers from SPCA. I told him I haven't done it before, as I had been paying the full price. I suggested to him CWS, to see if they can help him to TNRM. He said he wanted to neuter the mackerel tabby at his block. He also told me the two identical weirdtoms were from Punggol fish farm, someone dumped them here.

Then he told me about the FatBoy, half Siamese, and how fierce he is. It took me a while to work out he was referring to Bh2. The uncle said one feeder at the opposite block told him there had been pest control people lurking about, trying to trap Bh2. She knew what they were up to, and managed to hide Bh2 in the bush until they left. I know the feeder by sight. "She" is actually a cross-dresser, tall and lanky. I thought she was very brave to have grab Bh2 and run away, since BH2 is not exactly docile and friendly.

Cats to neuter: 2 weirdtoms, ginger kitten and tabby kitten.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 4:09 pm, Blogger EJ. said...

Any idea why the pest control want to trap BH2,cat_aunty?
Hope he has not offended some humans.

 
At 12:54 am, Blogger san said...

Ya. Why are they trying to get BH2? Maybe the TC would be able to tell you cat_aunty. He seems like a nice kitty who takes care of his family.

 
At 3:59 pm, Blogger auntie p said...

Briefly, here's how the spca voucher scheme works. One a particular day of the month (I can't remember which - either 1st or 2nd Tue/Wed of each month - can call up spca to check), cat care givers can go down to spca to register by showing his IC and submitting a stamped, self-addressed return envelope (on the back of which is written the person's IC no. and preferred vet clinic).

SPCA will ballot the vouchers and either mail the voucher (if successful) or a note of apology (if not successful) to the caregiver.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Dear San, you reckon I can call up the TC and ask them? I know he is harmless, but his look and actions may scare most people.

Dear Auntie P, thank you for the info. I will let the uncle know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home