Friday, August 03, 2007





This kitten appeared out of no where, on Tuesday night.

She just walked into the house, as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

I was staring at the laptop.

Sister S saw her, and jumped. Spencer herself was too stunned for words.

She has lovely coloring, just like Macky. And a real cheeky character.

Spencer was understandbly upset. The kitten was trying to be friendly, but Spencer gave her a wide berth and snarled.

I gave her some biscuits. But she preferred fish.

I shut the door, and she cried outside for a while.

Then the next door neighbour came to knock at my door: " Excuse me. Excuse me. Can you help me?? A cat ran into my house and I don't dare to catch it...." I ran out immediately, and it was the kitten doing a grand tour of my neighbour's house!!!! After going on all fours for a while, I finally grabbed her by the leg and carried her out.

My neighbour said when she was unlocking the door, the kitten just ran in. She used to keep a dog herself, so I wasn't sure why she is afraid of cats. Anyway, she was very grateful that I got the kitten out of her house, and she admitted she is a cute little thing, with lovely coloring. " I thought it was Xiao Hei!" I was like, " WHO is Xiao Hei????" Then she said: " Neh, that black cat who always sits outside your house one ah....?"

I thought Spencer is surely too fat to be considered as "xiao" Hei!!!!

I left the kitten outside, and went to bed. Spencer guarded the door like a hawk, jumping with every movement outside.

The next morning, my other next door neighbour washed the corridor, because there was some cat poo.

Uh oh.

The kitten appeared at 9am, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

I gave her some breakfast, and shut the door.

She cried and whined, and banged against the door.

During breakfast, I thought she was surely too young to become a stray, so I decided to bring her in, and board her at a cattery so that someone may adopt her. She is cute enough.

Except.

She vanished.

I couldn't find her anywhere.

I looked all over the garden. Several floors up. Under the flower pots. Behind the shoe racks.

She was gone.

Never appeared again.

I hope she is safe and happy, wherever she is.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:36 pm, Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

she definitely does not sound like a stray. sounds like she was an indoor cat, perhaps lost her way...

am sure she went back safely to her home.

 
At 6:55 am, Blogger EJ. said...

Surpise and interesting encounter for all of you.
She must be someone's house kitten.
Hope she returns home safely.
Good idea to board her in a cattery for adoption if she is being abandoned.

 
At 10:06 am, Blogger san said...

She is too confident of houses to be a stray. She is very cute :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home