Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Ok, I am a cheapskate. I bought the mosquito coils because it costs only 90c for a pack of 10's.

Then when I opened the packet, I only found 5 flat pieces inside.

I showed Sister S.

Me: " Eh, I think I had been cheated leh, only 5 pieces inside. No wonder so cheap. "

Sister S : " 笨蛋! You are supposed to split open the coils lah. See the picture or not, got gaps one!! "

Me: " oh....."

Then next problem.

Who knows how to split the coils without breaking it?

They are tougher than you think. I broke two already. So I couldn't put them on the metal holder provided, and had to burn them on a metal plate. But the flame just died off on its own. Sister S said the coil needs to be elevated so it gets more oxygen.

Woah. You need physics degree to burn a mosquito coil.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 5:00 pm, Blogger auntie p said...

I used to do this as a young kid living in a shop house...using Tiger brand coils. To separate the coils, place fingers around the edge of the coils to gently break the 2 pieces up (don't grip too tightly).

When all the tiny little "joints" around the edge have broken up, push the centre of the coil to separate into 2 pieces, and pull both coils in opposite directions...all done gently and slowly, of course.

Hope this helps.

 
At 6:52 pm, Blogger Priscilla said...

Maybe need to ask mother how to split those mossie coils.

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger san said...

We had used this when we used to live in the kampong. I always try to separaate it from the centre first and follow the coils to the ends. It worked for me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home