Friday, May 12, 2006


When I came back, Spencer was napping in my room, and Max was sitting at a corner, crying, with big fat tears. Well, maybe he wasn't crying, just his eyes giving him problem. But I hand-fed him immediately.

Then I heard cats fighting, and went down to find Auntycat and Mera. I think they bumped into each other at the garden, and started a shouting match. Mera went off to his hiding spot after some treats, Auntycat had a full breakfast.

Since the weather was warm, I decided to bath Max. He was OK, just whimpering a little bit. I gave his paws and face a good scrub, and his anus too. Then I tried out a new apple-scented conditioner, and it did make a difference! His fur is now softer to the touch. I didn't trim his fur again, seeing that he is stressed enough as it is. Spencer was hiding under the bed, for fear it would be her turn next. Max licked himself dry in his carrier, which I had left in the store room. Then it was the usual laundry sunning of beddings mopping and topping up cat food.

And some rascals shredded one of the Friskies bag I kept in the store room, and helped themselves to the biscuits!! GRRR!!

Spencer is actually quite relaxed today. She is wary of Max, but she doesn't snarl or growl at him. She just does her own things, and goes to her cubby box to sleep. I am very proud of her.

Now it is raining heavily, typical of humid May weather. Max is cooling off next to the water bowl, and Spencer is in her padded hut. Luckily Sister J got me some fancy bread from Provenceale, so I didn't have to walk out for lunch. Thought I should go vegetarian today. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 12:25 am, Blogger san said...

Max is really looking very well and looks well-fleshed also or is that just fur?

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

He has indeed put on weight, still a healthy 4kg. His fur is actually quite thin.

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger san said...

:)) none of my cats are just 4 kg anymore. I carried Akira yesterday and she was WOAHHH - heavy. But Max looks really nice and well-groomed. The fur must also be very soft from the pic. I always think that persians would get very hot in this weather but he looks cool and collected.

 
At 5:12 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

He had his bad days. Today has been cool so he is enjoying himself at the corridor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home