Sunday, August 20, 2006


The vet called me at 3pm, to inform me that BH2 was awake and ready to go home. Just when I was going out, Mera came up for afternoon tea. Hat had run away, when Sister S reached home.

I caught a bus to the vet, and the vet assistant asked me if I wanted anitibiotics. I told her BH2 may not cooperate, and the other cats had gotten by without. The surgery staff brought BH2 out, and he snarled and growled at me. I managed to hail a taxi who was willing to transport a cat, and we reached home just before 4pm. BH2 just sat quietly.

BH2 took a while to step into the big cage, and he was still very defensive. He meowed heartily, begging to be let out, and fiddled with the locks and bolts. Spencer glared at him from the kitchen entrance, because he was so noisy.

BH2 seemed OK, just panting a bit, and yawning. He screamed when he saw us, but when we left the kitchen, he quietened down and washed himself. He still has the smell of anaesthetic on him. I gave him some water, as instructed, but he kicked the bowl.

Mera also screamed his head off after his ops, and he had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic, so he vomitted and was confused. Hat also whimpered a bit, but he slept and slept, even when Mera came and looked at him.

Spencer? Spencer had a cone on and was walking around on the corridor, scaring the neighbours. She chewed the stitches off after 3 days, and caused the site to swell with fluid, and the vet had to fashion a abdominal binder for her out of elastic adhesive bandage. Ahhhh, the memories. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 8:23 pm, Blogger san said...

BH2 looks fine and a little confused in the pic but wah..he is such a tiger.

I'm glad none of the amigos had a bad reaction like Mera. Akira had an abdominal binding as the vet said she would hurt more ( as she was on heat when they did the op so her op was a little more complex) and the bandage would keep her from chewing the stitches. But she was very good and walked about on the 2nd day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home