Wednesday, September 27, 2006



I have been passing by this old pastry shop on my way to and from work, for the last 2 years. They seem to be busy all the time, but they don't seem to be selling any normal pastries and cakes. I know they do lots of pink longevity buns. Today I finally decided to go in and have a look.

This being the Mid-Autumn season, the small, non air-con shop was packed to the roof ( literally )with baked mooncakes, all exposed. I took a peep, and there were several middle aged bakers toiling at the back, most likely making MORE mooncakes. The wall behind the cashier was stuck with 50 to 60pcs of handwritten order forms. The shop also sells traditional Teochew confectionery for weddings, Dragon Phoenix candles, offerings for prayers and diety birthdays, plus some other pastries which I wasn't sure of. I think they sell tau sar pia ( green bean pastries ) on normal days. I didn't have my camera with me, and I also felt a bit shy asking for permission.

In the end, I bought this slab of white mooncake, because it reminds me of the type which we used to eat when we were kids. The brand was of course different, but the packaging is identical. It cost $1.50, and the auntie was surprised that was all I was buying.

I may visit again, and will ask for permission to take some photos. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:17 pm, Blogger Priscilla said...

aiyah, i want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I could taste it in my mouth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home