Monday, January 15, 2007


8.30pm
Reached home. Not in the best of mood. Mera had used the bin. Fed Spencer and Mera dinner. Made myself an omelette. Mera screamed and wanted to go out.

8.45pm
Had a brain wave. Found Spencer's cat leash, which was too small for her. And she ddn't want to cooperate anyway.

9pm
Brought Mera outside, using the cat leash. He wasn't as excited as expected. I was prepared to run with him actually. He sat on the wet pavement and wagged his tail. Then he proceeded to sit in the mud, while I had to stand under a dripping tree. After that he strolled to the park bench, the same one I had found him on, twice. He jumped up, and attempted to nap. He was chattering to me the whole time, maybe trying to tell me about his accident?

9.30pm
I told Mera we needed to get a move on. He refused to budge. Hat walked past, got a shock seeing Spacecat Mera, killing all his brain cells trying to work out what is going on.
There was a couple kissing on another park bench, and Mera had to go up to them and stare.
After much badgering from me, Mera moved to another piece of wet pavement.
I carried him to the lift, as I intended to visit Kindly Neighbour.
Mera knew his mum stays at the 5th floor. When the lift reached 6th floor, he got visibly escited. Kindly Neighbour stayed at 9th, and the lift stopped at 11th.
Mera refused to walk down the staircase, and sulked.
Kindly Neighbour was not in, but uncle and MiaoMiao were. MiaoMiao was not too happy to see Mera, and snarled in the most horrible manner.
Mera decided to leave.

10pm
Met Hat again, attempting to hide behind a lamp post. BH2 was there too, also taking a long time to compute the identity of Spacecat. When he finally worked it out, he snarled. I brought Mera upstairs.
He was whimpering, so I tied him to the gate. He just sat there quietly, staring out.

10.30pm
Mera wanted to move away from the gate. I brought him back to the room. He crunched sme biscuits, and settled down. The last time I checked, he was sleeping soundly.

I guess if he agrees to cooperate in the future, I will try to bring him downstairs for a walk. If it rains, I can tie him to the gate and he can look outside.

Note to self:
Buy mosquito repellent and night reading light. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 11:23 pm, Blogger Zeus said...

Getting cats to walk is a terribly hard ordeal. I don't walk well on a leash so my human pet has given up entirely. I wish you luck!

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger san said...

Walking with your cat takes getting used to. It takes a long time and most of the time will be spent watching them sit on pavements, grass or even watching other people walk. But it is very rewarding. Bujang likes to eat grass and he chooses the grass quite carefully. This reminds me I have to get him some wheat grass and we have not been to the park for ages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home