Tuesday, April 24, 2007





This is KaraokeKing aka KK.

I wanted to trap Fred and Ginger for neutering today, but both proved to be extremely jumpy and wary. I even put food in the carrier, knowing that it would make a mess. The uncle didn't help at all, and the other cats were crowding around, wanting to help eat the food.

It was partly my fault. The vet appointment was 9.30am, and when I woke up, it was already 9am. Some cat had pressed down the alarm and slept on with me! As a result, I was not as alert and ready for Fred and Ginger.

In the end, KK was stupid enough to step into the cage, and he didn't struggle when I held his waist. Once I closed the door, he started to sing.

Sing.

And sing.

And sing.

And sing.

Singing somemore, 45 minutes later.

And he had an audience at the carpark. All the cats were gathered around him, watching quietly.
The taxi driver was polite enough not to ask, WHAT is wrong with your cat????

The vet declared KK in good shape. I should think so! He had been screaming non stop for 60 minutes!!! And very loudly too. While KK was on the table, I cleaned out the carrier, which smell very strongly of fish.

At 3pm, the vet called me to collect KK.

They informed me that KK had vomitted plenty. And he didn't stop singing.

I am sure he was quiet when he was under the knife, but once they brought him out in the carrier, he started to sing again.

The vet lady kindly informed me to liase with CWS if I want to neuter strays, to save cost. I think I will need help in trapping Fred and Ginger!

KK went into the cage willingly. He was still singing in the cab, but at a lower volume. He sang for 2 hours, before falling asleep.

He would wake with a start, and sing for a short while. Then silence. I think it is painful for him.

Spencer had come to have a look at him, and went off to bed.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, Blogger auntie p said...

Haha! He is undisputedly the king of karaoke! So funny.

 
At 10:16 pm, Blogger san said...

Nothing like singing cat to make cab drivers happy. :) and you are right. they hadly ever ask what is wrong with the amigos when they sing in the cabs. I'm sure a few of them would like to get their hands on the kitties :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home