Saturday, December 23, 2006


Lifted this from ActionCat.

It was not so crowded at the store today. I think everyone is at Orchard.

It was supposed to be my off day today, but I offered to come back to work.

I managed to leave the shop at a reasonable hour. And didn't have to wait long for the bus.

Spencer was hysterical when I reached home. I gave her some dinner. And just when she had calmed down, Smokey's mum dropped by, to give Sister S Christmas cake. When Spencer was with us for the first year, she stayed at Smokey's for a few days during the Chinese New Year. It was so traumatic for ALL parties, we never tried it again. But we did help to cat sit Smokey for a few times after that. Smokey is really quite lovely, a very shy old cat.

I was wrapping presents and so we talked cats for a while. Smokey has perpetual constipation due to megacolon, and I think he is not long for this world. His mum said if he passes on, she would ask the SPCA to cremate him with other animals. And she doesn't want the ashes back.

I was FLABBERGASTED. Smokey has been with her for, like, ten years! When she adopted another cat three years ago, Smokey was angry with her for two years after that!

Then she wanted to see Spencer, who was hiding behind the bedhead. She took a peep at Spencer and talked to her, and Spencer almost pee-ed in her pants.

I guess it is double dose of Bach tonight.

5 Comments:

At 6:48 am, Blogger Cat said...

Cat_Aunty, Merry Christmas!

I am curious about Bach. Does Bach really work? When I complained about Junior hyperactiveness, I was advised to give him Bach.

Where do I buy them from & how do I administer?

Ta,
Cat

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger san said...

Spencer knows what's what with Smokey's mom. :/

 
At 6:20 pm, Blogger san said...

Good Christmas cheer to you guys too :)

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Dear Cat,

I guess Bach works for Spencer....I got it from the vet. It comes in drops. 2 to 4 drops each time on her temples, throat or behind the ears, 2 to 4 times daily. I am sure one can get it from other places in Singapore, I just haven't found them yet. The local supplier is called Essential Living.

 
At 8:14 pm, Blogger Cat said...

Thanks Cat_Aunty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home