Saturday, January 20, 2007



I was unfortunate enough to bump into Mera's dad this afternoon, on the way from the supermarket. He asked if Mera is with me. I told him about Mera's injuries, and the possible complications. He told me I can go ahead and keep Mera, nevermind. He told me he misses Mera very much, he kept asking his wife if she had seen Mera, and he may drop by to see Mera someday. And he said he would kill those bastards, if he catches them etc etc.

I thought I should bring Mera out for a walk, since I was feeling slightly better, and there might be less mosquitoes.

Mera walked very slowly, and sat outside the house for 10 minutes. Then another 10 minutes outside neighbour's house, and he gave the nosy dog a good tongue lashing.

When Mera walked past the motorbikes, all the drivers cleaning their bikes stopped talking, and stared.

Mera just wanted to sit, so I brought him to the brick path.

Then his dad appeared.

I had to say Mera didn't exactly dance on all fours when he saw his dad. Mera just sat there on his hunches, and let the man petted him. He meowed once or twice. Mera's dad seemed more concerned about his chin scrap and the limping right paw than the more major wound on the buttock. Then he said he dreamt about Mera being badly injured, this morning *snort* He couldn't sleep after that, so he went to work. He told me he did try to keep Mera indoors, but Mera would sing at 4am. I told him Mera just wants to pee or poo, he didn't agree. Since he is staying at a corner block, I don't think he is trying hard enough! Then he went on about how cats like to roam and want their freedom, and we can't keep them indoors. I beg to differ, with Spencer, MiaoMiao, MiMi and Mayo being the best examples. Even Kiki.

The thunders started, so I brought Mera to the void deck. He sat for a little while, and we went home. The man said it was good to see Mera again. He didn't feel as bad when he didn't see his son.

I don't know. I am just not buying his acts. He can say whatever he wants. He was NOT there when Mera needed him most. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:04 pm, Blogger san said...

Whah! What nonsence this man is saying. If Ms Akira catches him, she would give him a good one POW! on his head! Mera is better off without such a guardian.

 
At 8:42 am, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Dear Miss Akira, you may bring Shaolin Megat with you too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home