Wednesday, January 17, 2007



Mera progress report ( supposed to be for yesterday, but too tired )

8.30pm
Left store way too late, so caught a cab home. Made the mistake of feeding Mera and Spencer. Once Mera finished his dinner, he wanted his walky NOW. So I put him in the leash and we trooped downstairs. I saw his dad sitting at the garden with other people, and I was worried that he might come and talk to Mera. Luckily Mera chose to walk the other way, he wanted to patrol the car park. I didin't mind, excpet Mera wanted to walk in the drains, and under the trucks! When I pulled him away, he growled. Eventually he settled down on a piece of pavement, and started to groom vigorously. I think it was because I had removed the cone, and he could reach all those places. I watched him very carefully. Once his tongue approached the stitches, I would nudge him away.

So I stood there for 45 minutes.

I tried to make him walk on the grass and scratch the tree barks, but he was not interested. Eventually we sat on a bench and watched cars went by.

10pm
Kindly Neighbour was on her way home, and stopped by to chat to Mera. She asked me to give Mera some treats, since he has been behaving. We walked home together. Mera had some biscuits and water, and fell asleep.

4am
Mera singing at the top of his voice in my room. I chased him out, and shut the door.

7am
Spencer scratching the door, wanted in.

8am
Spencer is imitating Max, in becoming an alarm clock. Except she is in perpetual snooze mode. She doesn't scream or purr or knead. She just jumps on to the bed, I wake because of the vibration, then she just sits there until I wake up. Or she just falls asleep. Funny Spencer.

9am
Mera is hungry this morning, he wolfed down the oceanfish feast. Then I tied him to the gate with a longer leash. Unfortunately he couldn't stay still at all. He kept wanting to walk far away and made himself frustrated when his movement was restricted. Eventually I had to take him in. He fell asleep, and kneaded my arm. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:23 pm, Blogger san said...

Whah.Things are looking up for Mera. :) All that kneading may mean he has decided he likes the life with you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home