Sunday, January 13, 2008


After watching bits of Nodame Cantabile over Sister S's shoulders, I went to HMV to get some of the Beethovens featured in the serial. I have heard those symphonies before, just that I didn't which is #5 #7 or #9........but Beethoven is really a genius, his works filled shelves and shelves.

I also found some of Karajan's works. Only later then I realised he was a Nazi.

My first ever classical album was the Handel's Water Music, in cassette. Yes, those were the days.

Before Domingo, Pavarotti and Carreras, there was Caruso.

Unfortunately I didn't study the sopranos. I only know of Dame Joan Sutherland and Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, because they are from the southern hemisphere. And Maria Callas.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 9:25 am, Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

you watching nodame!! funny right? at first i detested the old man with weird curly hair... but afterwards, i thought he was damn comical...

nodame is very cute... it was a good dvd to watch for my jap exam... hehe..

 
At 8:44 pm, Blogger san said...

What a marvellous poster! I wonder if we can get it here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home