Saturday, March 25, 2006


This has been a terrible week.

1) Auntycat was not seen since 13th, and her owner put up a missing notice on the 20th. They saw her last on 17th afternoon. 8 days on, I think she is not with us anymore. People had said consoling things, like she had been adopted, she would turn up or lost her way. I had been feeding her for 5 years, I think all the above explainations are impossible. I try not to think about her, where she had passed on, whether she had suffered or in pain before she left, did she cry for us to come and save her. She is a Muslim cat, but I think I will go to the temple and pray for her soul.

2) Dad told us the lump on Lucky is getting bigger. The vet didn't want to operate because Lucky is an old dog, and the lump is near the groin area. The vet had given various antibiotics, which didn't work, and dad had tried TCM, with no success. The vet had confirmed it is a tumour. We had told dad it is best to let Lucky be, and when the time comes, and if he is in pain, we will know what to do. None of us dare to think when that day will come. Sister S said the lump is fist-sized, and Lucky keeps kicking it.

3) The team at work is at shambles, due to some reshufflement of team members and change of leader. Basically we are under-staffed, with too many things going on at the same time. As a senior, I have to be the strongest, and cannot be seen to be upset or grumbling, even though I was going kanasai in my head for at least 1000 times. One team member had a breakdown last night, and some very unpleasant scenes ensued.

3) Boss told me on Thursday that as of 1st of May, I have to work shifts, and one Sunday a month, due to some " benchmarking.....looking into allowances....cost effective..." nonsense. I hate to work shifts, because it affects my sleep. And I haven't been working sundays for like, 7 years. So if this policy is really set by the new Country Manager, as what the top level management had been telling us, then I have some words for you, Mr CM, you are not even worth the wet wipes which I use to wipe Spencer's buttocks with!!

Now I will just go and lie down, read, and hope things will improve next week!

5 Comments:

At 1:53 am, Blogger animalfamily said...

new week, new hope. take care, cat aunty.

 
At 2:06 am, Blogger CatDonna & Cats said...

Oh dear.

Sorry to hear about the terrible week.

Our thoughts are with you, cat_aunty. Chin up.

Even Pip is cheering you on, although she mentioned you wanted to ask me to turn her into a handbag. ;)

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger san said...

Dear cat_aunty. We are sorry your week has been harrowing. All of us will say a prayer for Aunty Cat and Lucky.

Toro: Listen you rascals, that means all of us, you hear. Even you san. I mean it!!

Toro is the newly crowned King cat_aunty. We will do as he says... ;)

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger Vegie said...

Ooops sorry to hear about you have to work again on Sunday. The brightside is you get to enjoy Borders or Kino when they are less crowded during weekdays :)

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

hi cat_aunty, warm wishes from cloe, coco, chloe, weiwei, lilo and stitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home