Tuesday, April 18, 2006


Spencer's diet is not going so well. I weighed out 50g of biscuits for her in the morning. Inevitably, she would finish most of it by the time I reach home, and I would have to add in more to last her through the night.

Last night when I came back, I was surprised to see about 25g left in her bowl. I thought Spencer had finally gotten used to eating less. And I praised her. She rolled on the floor, stretched, and proceeded to suck up all the biscuits! Gaah!

Sister S said I should weigh out 40g in the morning and 10g at night, or 25g-25g. I guess I have to give it a try! Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 9:33 pm, Blogger san said...

that is what i have done for bujang. he gets 20 g at night , 10 gm in the pm and 10 gms to be shared amg 3 cats at about 6 am. actually they all get the same amt. give and take they all get abt 50g as they eat from each others bowl in the pm. but then i also give them some canned fd everyday. maybe that's why they are fat. T is 4.5 and akira abt the same. bujang of course is 6.33kg. :(
i hope it works better with spenser.

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger auntie p said...

Oh, only 50g of dry food for Spencer's size, no wonder he will meow for more food. My foster Jackie is almost 5kg and supposed to get about 60-70g, according to the dry food package (a lower fat and high fibre, complete & balanced dry food). I give her wet food and reduce the dry food - seems to work in maintaining her weight so far.

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

jia you, spencer!

 
At 8:09 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Spencer is already 8kg, and she can't afford to gain any more weight. She is on Iams Light now, and one can of wet food ( 90g )a day. I have cut out all the treats. I guess I will just have to perservere loh. No pain, no gain woh. Just have to get some more ear plugs....

 
At 9:00 pm, Blogger san said...

Wow. And she still screaming. Must be a big hearty eater. :)) can go on one of those food eating contests and sure to win tails down. :)
The amigos share one can of wet food. Everyone gets 1/3 more or less. :))

 
At 8:49 am, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Max sucks up his food even faster than Spencer! But then he need his nutrition. Sigh. This is an uphill task.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home