Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I had been working rotating shifts and weekends since 1st May, and have come up with various ways to survive the irregular hours. I am OK so far, but I think Spencer is in a wreck. Hence her recent violent and clingy behaviours. I hope she will recover soon, and be back to her old self. I guess everything came together: my changing hours, Max's visit, and Sister S's trip to Germany; so our sour puss here just couldn't cope very well.


How to survive the night shifts:

1) Sleep early and wake up at regular hours, not more than 90 minutes from the normal sleep and wake times.

2) Indulge in a bit of escapism to de-stress.


3) Eat more low GI food for more energy.

4) Coffee- the eternal elixir.


5) Try alternative medicines, to combat the irregular hours, tiredness and "liver fire".


6) Exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes a day.



3 Comments:

At 9:22 pm, Blogger JJ said...

Wahai, you have done so well and now can provide "Ways to....". I will learn from you. But coffee and that sweet drink are my taboo. I recently got a few VCD for myself to watch in the evening too.

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger Zeus said...

Those sound like fabulous techniques. My human pet could stand to learn a lesson here with the exercise. She has a hard time motivating herself to get out the door.

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Vegie said...

Wah good tips, especially Tip Uno. Semua boleh saya pakai jugak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home