Wednesday, November 15, 2006


Caught Hat pinching the neighbour's anchioves again. I carried him away, he left in a huff. 3 minutes later, the neighbour came out.

Kindly neighbour sms me at 4pm, asking me if I know Mera has a swollen face. She was very worried about Mera, saying that Mera looks ill, tired, there are several splits on his skin, and the face is as swollen as a curry puff.

I saw Mera yesterday afternoon. There was indeed some scratches on his left eyelid, with a bit of swelling, but not as bad as described.

I went up to the 5th floor to see Mera. His mum was watching TV, and Mera was sleeping on her bed. He actually looked alright, sleepy, but not sick looking. The swelling is more like macadamia-sized. He felt feverish though. There are more scratches on his face and forehead vs yesterday. His mum said he left the house at 3am.

Because I had a training at 6pm, I told Mera's mum that I can only take Mera to the vet tomorrow. I also told her at most the vet will just give him an injection, some anti inflammatory and antibiotics tablets. The swelling will go down once the pus comes out.

I asked her if she is at home tomorrow, because I have to pick Mera up for the vet. She told me Mera will be downstairs. Sigh. You would have thought under this circumstances, she would want to keep Mera indoors. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:53 am, Blogger san said...

Alamak! Surely its not too much to ask if she keeps him indoors when you are the one who is going to take him to the vet. Is she working that she can't keep an eye on poor Mera?

 
At 12:06 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Sigh, San, she has always been like this. She doesn't lock Mera in at night, only feeds him Friskies biscuits, and doesn't provide a bin for him at home. When Mera is ill or injured, then she would call me, knowing that I would take Mera to the vet ASAP. She doesn't even help to feed the medications.

As far as I know, she is not working full time now.

What to do, Mera chose her as his mum.

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger san said...

I suppose you cant choose your family:)
she must have some redeeming features if he chose her but only he can see lah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home