Friday, January 12, 2007





Mera progress report: - supposed to be for yesterday, but Blogger lost my post!!!!!!!!!!

11.30am
Kindly Neighbour sms me that Mera had arrived home. That he looked OK. She reminded me to feed him antibiotic at night, and she will call me when she is off duty. She said Mera growled at Max.

6pm
Called vet to make appointment for discussion
. The poor guy is overbooked, but I managed to get a 11.30am slot. I hope to make it after my training at 9am. When the staff knew who I was, she said: " ooooooooooh Mera ah?" Strange. Maybe Mera is a legend, for using up his nine lives alarmingly fast.


9pm
Reached home. Spencer and Max were alright, they were sleeping because of the rain. Mera was snoozing n the cage, with the big cone covering both his ears, so he gave a start when I patted him. Spencer and Max ate, and I let Mera out. I shut all the exits carefully, and he was prowling about, looking for a way to escape. But he got tired quickly, so he sat down and rest, grumbling away.

Spencer of course stared at him, but Max was unfazed.

I burnt some Moonflower from Body Shop to calm everyone down.

9.30pm
Kindly Neighbour called. She reminded me of the antibiotic. She said the vet explained to her the injuries, and showed her the X-ray, with a slight chip on the pelvic bone, not enough to cause major damage. Mera has to go back in 10 to 12 days time, for review. She said she had left some biscuits for Mera, and wondered if he had eaten. According to the vet, Mera didn't eat, pee or poo AT ALL!!!

By the way, she wasvery impressed with the vet. She said he is young, but he is calm. Unlike her vet, whom they nicknamed 白葱, on account of his fair skin and slight build. This guy was so afrad of Miao Miao, he refused to wash her ears! I was incredulous too when I heard of it. So maybe Kindly Neighbour will visit our vet too.

11pm
Max had his biscuits, and Spencer was agitated. I think the presence of Spacecat Mera was disturbing her greatly. She growled and clawed at me, and I had to give her some Bach. She calmed down a bit later, and went to sleep on Sister S's bed. Max is nodding off on the scratchie.

12mn
Mera, who was snoozing on the sofa, suddenly sprang up and screamed, wanting to go out. When I wanted to shut him in the cage, he screamed and screamed, forcing his way out. I gave him a litter bin, and he pee for a looooooong time. Clever Mera. After that, I shut him back into the cage, and he settled down.

Overall, he is OK. He looks better vs the last few days. There are stictches on his butock *gasp* and the bruises.....luckily the vet had pre-empted me over the phone. He has weakness at his hind legs, as he wobbles. I wonder if it is the damage to the sciatic ( ?? ) nerves, as feared by the vet. He gets tired easily, and is not in the best of mood because of the cone.

I worry about his fluid intake, and whether he will be able to poo, without damaging the sticthes. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:56 pm, Blogger san said...

Its agood thing Mera is with you and not with his very strange parents. SA long time ago when Bujang did not poo, I read that I should give him canned pumpkin. As I could not get canned pumpkin, I bought a pumpkin from the supermarket and grnadma boiled it. i then mashed it with the rest of his food. He pooed quite well after that. its also ggod for fibre. Franny from About.com recommends canned pumpkin for cats with constipation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home