Monday, February 12, 2007


I called Mera's mummy this morning when I went to work, and asked if she had seen Mera. She told me Mera stayed at her place until 3am, then he sang to be let out. His dad brought him upstairs at 8am, then when she left for work at 9am, he left the house too. She wondered if he is still at the corridor. I think the dad has a better idea of keeping Mera indoors!!
When I reached home, no Mera in the house.
I am rather disappointed with him.
After one month of care and concerns, planning, logistics, research, good food, soft beds, warm blankets and belly rubs, he still decides to go back to his dad and mum. I don't expect Mera to return the favor, but I am just stumped that he can make such a decision.
Spencer is not the friendliest cat on the block, but she has been polite and generous to Mera. She treats him better than she treats Max, Kiki and Hat.
Has Spencer been fighting with him, when we were not at home?
Was it Hat who asked Mera to leave, so he can continue to drop in at our place?
I don't know.
Can't help but think that he is an ingrate, a heartless feline.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 am, Blogger Vegie said...

Hey Cat Aunty, loyalty I thought is more of a dog's trait ? May be Mera will sleep at his mom's house on odd-numbered day and yours on even-numbered day while Sunday is an off day ; )

 
At 11:04 am, Blogger san said...

He is an outdoor cat to begin with :) Megat was an outdoor cat who wanted to be an indoor cat. I guess the vet was right when she told me sometimes its impossible to keep and outdoor cat in, no matter how much you try.

If you want him to be an indoor cat, then it would be back to taking supervised walks and not opening the windows so he can't jump out. Of course he must have other kinds of entertainment also lah, inside the house. How about a cat tree near a window where he can look out from?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home