Monday, June 27, 2005

MERAH PUT HIS PAW DOWN

I was woken up by a short sharp growl. It was 6am. I thought it was Mera and BH2 fighting for biscuits outside the window so I ignored it. After a while it came again. I opened my eyes and saw a cat standing on top of the wardrobe. Took me a while to work out the situation. It was too big to be Hat and too muscular to be Spencer, so it must be Mera. But then Hat was sleeping on top of the wardrobe last night because of the wound, so...Mera was confronting Hat!!

I jumped up and pushed Mera aside. Sure enough, Hat had flattened himself and cowering at the edge of the wardrobe. Luckily Mera was not puffed up and I carried him down to the kitchen. I gave him some biscuits and went back to bed. He started to sing loudly. I remembered the catnip bag was on the bookshelves, same level as the wardrobe. Maybe he was trying to get to the catnip and didn't expect to find the sleeping Hat. I gave him the catnip and he seemed happy enough, rubbing and playing with it.

Just when I was drifting off to sleep, the growl came again. Mera was at it again, on top of the wardrobe swishing his tail. I gave him a smack and took him away. He sang mournfully for a while then left the house through the window. Spencer was staying next to the table fan and was unfazed by it all.

When I saw Hat just now, he was still very upset, refusing to eat his breakfast and scared to stay in the house. He took a few biscuits and left. I checked his wound, the swelling had gone down considerably, so his face is lean looking again. Now we just have to wait for the fur to grow back. To think that I was naive enough to assume that he was putting on weight one week ago!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home