Sunday, September 17, 2006


This is the calico, just back from vet. Her pupils are dilated as she has not completely recovered.

Yesterday when I rang the keys, she came running, and I bundled her into the cage. I waited for the kittens, but none showed. Calico wasn't too happy, and was crying and jumping in the cage. When I put Spencer's cage beside her, they quarrelled, and continued all the way to the vet.

The vet examined her, and arranged for her neutering. He said it is best to release strays back into their enviroment as soon as possible, so they are not likely to groom and chew away the sutures. The calico had calmed down considerably. I left some food for her hospital stay, and told her I would feed her kittens.

The vet called me at 3.30pm today, and told me the calico was ready for collection. I rushed to the vet before they close at 4pm, and the staff told me calico might not see very well as yet. Also, she was in heat. So it cost more for the neutering. Ouch.

When we reached home, I opened the cage and waited for the calico to step into the big cage herself. She was wobbly on her feet, and took a long time. I thought I would give her a hand, and tried to carry her. Unfortunately, it spooked her badly, and she escaped. Luckily she was still dizzy, so she couldn't run very fast, and she ran towards the kitchen. I grabbed her, she struggled, and I dropped her. Twice. And not before she gave me a few good nips on the hands. I managed to put her into the big cage, and she has been pacing about in a highly agitated state, throwing herself against the cage, for the last 2 hours. I don't know if she can be released tomorrow.

And now she starts to meow. I see that her pupils are still dilated.

Hat watched her from the fridge, with a pout. Spencer is still snoozing.

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:47 pm, Blogger san said...

Wow! She's a fiesty one. That happened to Akira too. When he was operating on her, the vet said she was on heat and so I kena pay more for the op. Then Akira had a tight bandage around her middle. The doc said it was to help her with the pain once the anaesthesia wore off. Of cos she can't bite her own sutures also lah.

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Yeah, those bandages....Spencer had them too. After she bit the sutures off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home