Friday, January 12, 2007


Mera's progress report

11am
Not interested in food or drinks. Sleeping on the bed, since I released him. Attempted to escape through the gate, but thought bettter of it.

I left for the vet, in heavy rain. There was no buses either, so I was late for 10 minutes. Luckily the clinic was not so crowded.

The vet said Mera is strong, he should recover very well. I can remove the cone and let him eat and drink, as he hasn't been drinking for 4 days already. Then the cone must go back on again.
The stitches at the buttock WILL NOT spring open, even if Mera strains during poo-ing or jumping. The stitches will dissolve in 4 to 6 weeks time, but I may snip them off after 12 days (!!!!!!!!!!!). I told him it is better I bring Mera back and they do this for me.
Now Mera really needs to be confined indoors, and no more fightings in the future.
He may need antioxidants to boost his immune system.
I saw the X-ray, everything looks normal, no fractures, except for a small chip on the pelvis, for some unknown reasons.
Once again, the vet felt that it was NOT a case of abuse, just that Mera got himself poked during an accident, and we will never know how.
I will monitor his hind legs carefully.
The vet gave Mera some Bach Rescue Remedy, to relax him, and he is not as likely to plot any great escapes.

1pm
Reached home. Still raining heavily. I had some porridge at a kopitiam next to the clinic, and it was not bad! Spencer and Mera still sleeping, Max is loitering about and looking bored. He can't go out because the corridor is all wet.

5.30pm
Still raining. Sister J will pick Max up tomorrow, so I had got his stuffs packed. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:15 pm, Blogger jennifer_yq said...

poor max, hope he will recover well..he is such a nice looking ginger..he will be strong again...

 
At 6:48 pm, Blogger san said...

Whah! i am sooo glad the doc said mera would recover as he is a strong cat. I htink it is due to you that he is stong :) But he will try to escape for sure :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home