Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Busy morning.

I was woken up at 4am by noises of cat crunching biscuits in the kitchen. Spencer was still sleeping beside me. And the cat was wearing a collar, eating Spencer's diet biscuits. For a second, I thought it was so strange cat in my house. I put on my glasses, and realised it was Mera. Mera finished eating and started to sing, 4 notes at a time. It went on for a while.

Then I heard sister giving him more biscuits. Crunch crunch crunch. Then the singing started again. Sister refused to budge this time. I went out to pet Mera, and Spencer chatted with him.

More singing. I opened the door to see if he wanted out, even though he knows how to jump in and out through the windows. Mera went to the door, sniffed the air, and turned back into the house. Spencer was guarding her 2 litter bins. I drifted off to sleep.

At 6am, Hat started to sing outside. Mera must have heard him too, I heard his bells. On hearing Mera's bells, Hat clamped up immediately. Mera left through the window.

At 8am, cat singing again, 4 notes at a time. Sound like Hat, but not as mournful. I crawled out of bed to open the door, and in fell....Kiki!!

He was excited, chirruping and greeting. I gave him a can, and went back to bed. He explored the house with Spencer following close behind. Spencer was very nice to him, no hissing and snarling. Kiki still didn't like to be held, so I have a new collection of fang marks again. He even swiped sister's ankle. We gave him a catnip mouse, he was ok. Then I remembered the catnip pillow, and he went wild with it.

Kiki sat outside with Spencer in the sun, and at 8.40am, his owner came to collect him. For a while, Spencer looked forlorn.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 am, Blogger Lit Lover said...

What a great photo!!!

 
At 8:47 am, Blogger Lit Lover said...

What a great photo!!!

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Dear Alison, thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home