Saturday, November 18, 2006


This was taken a month ago. I was changing the bedsheets and the quilt was going to be sunned. Hat crawled inside, snug as a bug.

He is still reluctant to come inside, but he lingered outside this morning after breakfast. I gave him biscuits, he ate his fill, and left.

Last night I saw him sitting on a lady's lap in the garden!

I have never seen the lady before, she could be just visiting. And Hat looked so comfortable and relaxed in her lap. The only times he did it with me, was when he was staying in kindly neighbour's unit at the 5th floor, like, 3 years ago. I felt a bit miffed, because I was the one who feed him, nursed him and care for him. OK, there may be other feeders out there, but still.

I guess I shouldn't expect anything in return, when I am doing good deeds. Maybe I should re-assess my values. Maybe I should put myself in Hat's paws, and to understand the stress he is going through in Spencer's presence. Maybe all he ever wants, is to be the only cat in the household.

I think all the cats want the same thing. Humans may choose a household with yummier food, softer beds, more toys, more obliging slaves. But Spencer, Mera, Hat, Kiki, maybe Yb, all just want to be the only cat.

Then Spencer went to sleep on Sister S's bed, even though Sister S was not home yet.

That made me feel even worse.

Suddenly I wanted another cat. Just a sweet, simple, obliging, friendly lap cat. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:12 pm, Blogger san said...

Cats are like that lah cat-aunty. I also sometimes feel rather miffed that Toro would crawl onto grandma's lap so readily but will never sit with me. :( But then I read in a book that cats know who needs a lap and who doesn't. I take comfort in these thinsg although maybe just for my own vanity sake..hahaha

 
At 10:20 pm, Blogger cat_aunty said...

Well, I guess you are right. I think the cats know, at least Spencer does.

But I still feel miffed leh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home